Mindmap your life!
Do you know mindmapping? That wonderful technique is a way to keep organize your thoughts whatever you are doing.
Trying ot innovate? Mindmap your thinking to find the right problem.
Trying to solve this problem? Mindmap it to make a clear statement of the situationTrying to find agood technical solution? Mindmap your opportunities to rank them
My last one? Trying to find a new job? Mindmap your career to find your strength and weaknesses and define a good strategy (this is really a wonderful tool to realize how many things you can do 😉 )
Mindmapping is one of the most powerful tool to set up and visually organize information and thoughts
What is mindampping?
According to Wikipedia
A mind map is a diagram used to visually organize information. A mind map is often created around a single concept, drawn as an image in the center of a blank page, to which associated representations of ideas such as images, words and parts of words are added. Major ideas are connected directly to the central concept, and other ideas branch out from those.
Mindmapping will allow to organise visually and with a clear hierarchy all your ideas.
How to mindamp?
First be sure you have enough space on a blank sheet of paper. grab at least 4 makers of different colours.
One can summarize mindmapping by those steps:
- Write down the topic in the center of your sheet
- From the center, write keywords that come to your mind around your central topic,
- Connect keywords to your central topic with lines. if keywords have a connections together, connect it also but with a different kind of line (dotted as an example)
- Use different colours either for different branches or different concepts of your maps
- Use the radial construction to show a clear and good hierarchy
- Shape your map in order to make the most powerful concept more visible.
Start with something easy to handle. I did my first mindmap with « dog » as the central topic.
Here are some examples I grab on the net.
You don’t need to be an expert in drawing. Those maps are much more beautiful than the most beautiful one I have ever made or seen.
Lots of tools are available on the internet to draw a mindmap.
- Xmind, my favorite
- FreeMind, a very good tool too
- Mindmeister, often recommanded I personnaly have never used it
A quick search on the net will give you even more possibilities.
Thanks for reading.